Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Grant me 228 wishes please


Wish has always been a magical word to me. As a little girl the classic phrase "Make a Wish" or "Wish Upon a Star" held such hope and promise as I said those words out loud. I would wish for a new toy or a cupcake from the bakery. Now that I am a little older, I still wish for cupcakes, but the true wishes of my heart that go so much deeper than that. I wish that laughter would fill up a little space of everyday. I wish that peace would be felt everyday, the kind of peace that even amidst heartache... the peace that comes from knowing who you are and who you belong to permeate your life. So as you find yourself wishing upon a star, remember to hold on to the wishes that really matter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful and so so wise! I love looking at your blog because the IZOD's remind me of your Dad. I wish and hope you are enjoying every moment of college - even the challenges, the heartache, the adjustment and the loneliness. There are many blessings that lie just beneath the surface of those heavy moments and I wish you the best as your sort through the muddle of all the newness around you! Take care and know you are in my thoughts and prayers (and constant WISHES!) My wish has already come true as I watch you become the woman you will be for the rest of your life. What a blessing!

Enoch Zenger said...

Elizabeth my dear, I hope you have come to realize and know with all your heart that I truly give everything i am to making you happy and making your wishes and dreams come true. The desires of your heart mean more to me than anything else. As it is so commonly quoted in, The Princess Bride, "as you wish" holds so true to how i feel about you. Lizzie my darling, know that i will wake up every day giving all i have to make you happier than the day before. I LOVE YOU! Love your Enoch.