Sunday, July 20, 2008
Friday, July 18, 2008
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
- Bubba: Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.
- Forrest Gump: What's my destiny, Mama? Mrs. Gump: You're gonna have to figure that out for yourself.
- Mrs. Gump: You have to do the best with what God gave you.
Monday, July 14, 2008
- Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple. That's 105%!
- A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men.
- You should never doubt what nobody is sure about.
- No no, don't speak- for some moments in life there are no words.
- There is no life to compare with pure imagination. Living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
- Mr. Salt: What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse? Willy Wonka: Why having fun?
- We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Salesman: That's 20 bucks.
Sara: Eve, that's a horrific Knockoff! At least my knockoff says 'Pradi', yours says 'Prado'!
Eve: Well, I say for a dollar I can buy a magic marker and fix that. I'll take it!
I love this scene in the movie because it's how I live my life: I find a bargain and I go with it- no matter how fake the thing is!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
"The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the heck they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just one cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall! Decaf! Cappuccino!"