Sunday, April 19, 2009

Uncle Blue


My Uncle Chris, or Blue as we called him, passed away unexpectedly last week at 36 years of age. He had a passion for many things: Legos, Star Wars, Books, Disneyland, but most importantly, his beautiful wife, and three amazing children. He had a Tigger tattoo on his left leg. And just like Tigger, he brought joy, energy, and bounce to everyone who knew him. Chris was always in a bouncing mood and just like Tigger, he was expressing his zest for life and is a form which he often used as a technique to share his eagerness and happiness or even fondness amongst his dear friends and family.



TIGGER'S SONG
The wonderful thing about Tiggers Is Tiggers are wonderful things

Their tops are made of rubber The bottoms are made out of springs They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers Is I'm the only one The wonderful thing about Tiggers Is Tiggers are wonderful chaps They're loaded with vim and vigor They love to leap in your laps They're jumpy, bumpy, clumpy, thumpy Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers Is I'm the only one Tiggers are are cuddly fellows Tiggers are awfully sweet Everyone else is jealous That is why I repeat The wonderful thing about Tiggers Is Tiggers are wonderful things Their tops are made of rubber Their bottoms are made out of springs They're bouncy, trouncy,flouncy, pouncy Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers Is I'm the only one I'm the o-o-o-only one!!! Grrrr!


This song defines my Uncle Blue. He was fun fun fun! and the only one of his kind. I will miss him greatly. I love him dearly. TTFN Uncle Blue ta-ta for now.

1 comment:

Michelle S. said...

Lizzie, I am so sorry for your loss. I know that you will cherish your uncle in your heart while you are apart. I am SO thankful that you put TTFN! It is the truest statement. Especially the last two words "for now". Isn't it wonderful that because of Jesus Christ we can be with the people we love again after this life?!

I am SO glad that you have this knowlegde of truth and that you understand it on a personal level.