Sunday, May 27, 2012

Specifics

I might be done trying to be a photographer.  I can't get people to commit to shoots. I am not in love with the lighting of my photos. I don't know any great locations. I don't know how to better my editing techniques. I think its the universe telling me to do something else. I just don't know what that is. I'm to the point where I am throwing up my hands, ready to just sit on a lifeguard stand the rest of my life. I always knew I wanted to become somebody when I grew up. Now I realize I should have been more specific.

2 comments:

wootom said...

Don't give up. If it is what you love doing, you will find a way to better yourself. It's easy to throw your hands up and say "I'm done!". Chasing after your dreams are harder than you think. You're still so young and have a talent that is still worth pursuing. If doing pictorials aren't working out for you, work on landscapes or set ups to build your portfolio. I can help you out with some cool locations. Just don't give up, LL.

-Tommy W

Kelly Jean said...

Ugh. Sorry it's a little rough! Maybe that's a sign that it's about to get really GOOD! :)

My advice would be to just follow your passion[s], no matter what. If you're passionate about photography, stick with it -- it'll get better! If you're passionate about something else, do that! A passionately-lived life is the best way to live, in my opinion. Hope things start falling into place for you!!