Thursday, January 21, 2010

Finding My Fish


While visiting my mom one weekend, she handed me this glass fish that fit in the palm of my hand. She found this little treasure while she was in China. I asked her why she would give this little prize to me and she replied, "You're on your own now. Go out into the world and find your fish." I didn't quite understand what she meant by that until I pondered it later that night. I was in bed, staring at the ceiling, when I finally realized what she meant. The fish is my magic. It's that blissful moment when I meet my magic, whatever that may be. The fish is now on my nightstand. I am reminded of how I need to find my magic, and of how much my mom cares for and loves me. I love my mom more than anything in this world. And I am going to find my magic. 


1 comment:

Susan Carlson said...

Oh, how I love my Zizzie girl. And you will find your magic. You are well on your way. I can't wait to be a part of you sharing that magic with the world! You already are making it a much more beautiful place to dwell! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming . . .