Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bob Ross & Happy Little Trees

I remember when I was in Elementary school and even when I was in Junior High, my mom and I would sit down on our green leather couch with our cheese and crackers, and watch Bob Ross from 3 to 3:30 every afternoon after school. We would always giggle to ourselves when we watched him paint. He had a very patient and calming demeanor. Each painting would start with simple strokes that appeared to be nothing more than colored smudges. As he added more and more strokes, the blotches transformed into intricate landscapes. I will have great memories of watching him paint because it was precious time spent with my mom, and precious time appreciating art and how it can influence your life. 


Some of my favorite Quotes of his....


In painting, you have unlimited power. You have the ability to move mountains. You can bend rivers. But when I get home, the only thing I have power over, is the garbage.

Gotta give him a friend. Like I always say ‘everyone needs a friend’. (on painting trees) 

Any time ya learn, ya gain.

Any way you want it to be, that’s just right.

Clouds are very, very free.

Let’s do a little cabinectomy here.

Oh, green water… oh that’s pretty. Boy, I like that, just alive with algae.

People look at me like I’m a little strange, when I go around talking to squirrels and rabbits and stuff. That’s ok. Thaaaat’s just ok.

People might look at you a bit funny, but it’s okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different.

Shwooop. Hehe. You have to make those little noises, or it just doesn’t work.

The secret to doing anything is believing that you can do it. Anything that you believe you can do strong enough, you can do. Anything. As long as you believe.

We don’t make mistakes, we just have happy accidents.

We’re gonna make some big decisions in our little world.

You can do anything you want to do. This is your world.

I can’t go over 30 minutes, because we have a mean ol’ director with no sense of humor.

Well, the little clock on the wall says we’re just about out of time. Happy Painting and God bless

2 comments:

Susan Carlson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan Carlson said...

Happy little memories! Very happy, little memories, Ziz. xoxox