Monday, January 31, 2011

Cupids & Hearts

Valentines Day is coming up! The holiday filled with flowers, chocolates, sparkly hearts, and stuffed bears. I never really cared for V-day growing up. I never shared it with someone special. It was just another day of going to school and seeing the popular girls getting bouquets of roses stuffed into their lockers. But now that I have found my other half...well...it's my turn to be wooed. My man was living in Africa last year, but this year I get him all to myself. I don't understand how he does it, but somehow he makes my eyes sparkle, my heart beat just a little faster, and my lips to pucker. I am definitely looking forward to spending Valentine's Day with my cute redhead. On another note; Why was Cupid chosen to represent Valentine's Day?  When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a heart shaped weapon. 

1 comment:

Kelly Jean said...

Ooh, I LOVE Valentine's Day! It's a reason to Love - not even just another person, but LIFE & everything in it! I love it :)

And don't you love being in love? Nothin' beats it! So happy for you to spend the special day with your other half!

I like your comment on Cupid, haha. :) So true! Maybe it's 'cause that's when little cupids are made? Haha ;) Just sayin'